Johner Images/Getty ImagesВ
Adult acne is very different from teen acne, but with the right treatments, you have the best chance of fighting it. Acne outside of the teen years stands out because instead of getting pimples on your forehead and cheeks, adult acne sufferers tend to get acne on their chin and around the mouth. It is estimated that one in five adult women suffer from adult acne.
So how do you fight it? To help you out, here is a list of the best products toВ treat and prevent adult acne.01 of 03
Best Preventative ProductsUlta
Since most adult acne begins with blackheads, keep those blackheads at bay with a good scrub. Instead of the abrasive, grainy scrubs with sugar or salt particles which can tear at the skin, scrub skin chemically by way of alpha-hydroxy acids.
A few great scrubs include:
- Lancome Exfoliance Radiance Exfoliating Clarifying Gel
- Biore Pore Perfect Strips is great for getting rid of blackheads that develop on and around the nose.
Best Spot TreatmentsMario Badescu
If you have just a couple pimples that you want to dry up fast, your best bet might be a spot treatment. These products work by delivering a concentrated dose of medicine to your pimple and the best ones contain moisturizing agents that won't dry up the area you're treating.
The best spot treatment products are:03 of 03
Best Products to Treat the Entire AreaDr. Dennis Gross All-Over Blemish Solution. Dr. Dennis Gross
When you suffer from a face full of acne, you may find it's best to treat the entire area.
Great products include cleansers, such as:
Or treatment systems, formulated to treat the actual acne:
- IS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum - helps battle aging by urging on collagen production while preventing breakouts. Ingredients include a potent mix of Vitamin E, Vitamin C, retinol, and olive-leaf extract.
- Dr. Dennis Gross All-Over Blemish Solution - comes highly recommended.
- L'Oreal Acne Response Daily Adult Acne Regimen - a three-step program that is also highly recommended.