Hey Byrdie babes! For the next three weeks I'm excited to share a few of my go-to workouts with you. First up-ready for some yoga on the go? I've been practicing yoga for the last four years, and I've noticed such a positive change in both my body and mind. Not only have I learned the correct way to breathe (which helps reduce stress), but my core is also tighter than ever, and every session I get an amazing detox and sleep better at night. Since my job requires me to travel quite often, I've come up with a few sequences that I can do anywhere, and I'm excited to share them with you! Whether you're at home or on the go, these three total-body moves will keep your body toned and your mind calm.
Grab your yoga mat ($20) and scroll through to see my tutorials (in GIF form)!Jenna Peffley
1. Begin in high plank.
2. Keep your hips and shoulders square as you press them back into downward-facing dog.
3. Redistribute your weight between your hands and your left foot as you raise your right foot up into the air. Flex your foot to engage your hamstrings and glutes.
4. Keep your right leg in line with your body as you shift down into high plank. Don't lock your elbows in this position; keeping them soft gives your biceps and triceps a workout as well.
5. Push back into three-legged downward-facing dog.
6. Keeping neck and spine in line the whole time, do 10 reps on each side.Jenna Peffley
1. Lie on your back with your arms at your sides, pressing down into the floor. Bend your knees, heels hip-width apart, stacked directly under your knees.
2. Hold in your core and drive your heels into the ground to engage your glutes as you press your hips up.
3. From bridge pose, lift your right leg, pointing your toes toward the sky.
4. Slowly lower your right leg and your hips so your body is hovering a few inches off of the ground.
5. Keeping your leg extended, rise back up. Do 10 reps on each side.Jenna Peffley
1. Start in high plank, hands directly below your shoulders and elbows soft.
2. Slowly lower yourself down, keeping your elbows tucked in so your arms are close to your sides.
3. At the bottom of your push-up, lower all the way to the floor and take a baby cobra pose, raising your upper body off of the mat.
4. Maintain a straight line with your body the whole time. After 10 reps, take a rest in child's pose.
Do this whole sequence three times through for a total-body workout.
What other fitness tutorials do you want to see? Tell me below! And be sure to check back next week for more of my workout GIFs.В
Fashion credits: Beyond Yoga Infinity Bra ($69) in Sunglow,В Beyond Yoga Infinity Short ($62) in SteelВ